Petroselinum crispum Parsley's vitamin K content merits it a focal place at the table rather than its familiar status as a mere garnish. With over 155% DV of vitamin K packed in just 2 tablespoons, it's a potent source of nutrition, but its health benefits don't end there. It's also rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and vitamins A and C.
Days to maturity are calculated from direct seeding date.
• Parsley is a cold-tolerant biennial that can be grown through the winter in mild climates
• Plants grow best in rich, evenly moist, well-composted soil
• Work in 1 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer per 10 row feet
• Sow seed and lightly cover with soil, vermiculite or sifted compost
• Start indoors 6-8 weeks before anticipated transplant date
Insects & Diseases
• Relatively disease and insect free
Harvest & Storage
• Cut individual sprigs as needed from the outside edges of the plants