Effective November 1, 2021
- Types of Information we Collect
- How We Collect Information
- Information received directly from you
- Information received passively from you
- Information received from third parties
- Social Media Platforms
- Information from other sources
- How We Use Information
- How We Share Information
- Your Choices and Privacy Rights
- How You Access and Update Your Personal Information
- How Your Personal Information is Protected
- California Residents
- Nevada Residents
- Contact Us
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- Identifying Information - Your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address, postal address, telephone/mobile number, and age.
- Payment Information - Your credit/debit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post on Our Website – We may collect Information you post or share in a public space on our site, including our Product Review and Ratings or when you contact us through the “Live Chat” feature on our site, or by participating in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information (ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ ID’s) you post on our social media pages or via your social media profile information.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information submitted in connection with creating a Customer Account, placing an online/catalog order, making a purchase/return, including bank account numbers or other financial information.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your age, gender and zip code.
- Driver's License Information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may collect your driver’s license information. For example, we may collect this information in store, if you return an item in-store without a receipt.
- Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our website. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Commercial Information. We may collect information about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information. We may collect information related to your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our website or advertisements.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION:
Information received directly from you. For example:
- Making a purchase from our catalog, website or retail stores.
- Making a return or exchange.
- Purchasing an electronic gift card.
- Creating a personalized Territorialseed.com shopping account.
- Tracking an order online.
- Signing-up to receive promotional emails
- Participating in a promotional sweepstakes, contest, survey or focus group.
- Using the Ratings & Reviews tool or other related services and features.
- Submitting a request to our Customer Service team.
- Interacting with Territorial Seed Company’s social media pages.
Information received passively from you. For example:
- Visiting Territorialseed.com on any device.
- Clicking on sponsored links or third-party advertisements.
- Receiving or interacting with Territorial Seed Company communications and/or website that may contain cookies or pixels.
- Connecting information collected automatically, with information we already have about you, for purposes of identifying you as a Territorial Seed Company customer. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, in store, mobile, etc.
- Using automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We may examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores and the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
- Using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us or third-parties that use our services. This information helps us recognize you, customize your website experience, store items in your cart between visits and make our marketing messages more relevant. Examples of this information include but are not limited to: pages you visit, ads you click on, type of browser/device/hardware, MAC address, purchase information, IP based geographic location and search terms. This includes Territorial Seed Company content presented on another website or mobile application. These technologies also enable us to prevent fraud or other harmful activities.
- Using tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), browser and device information.
Information received from third parties or other sources. For example: Advertising, Personalization and Advertising Attribution
- Using third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
- Allowing third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our website. This information is used to serve ads for Territorial Seed Company products or services or for the products or services of other companies when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally-identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g., static IP address) during your visits on our site and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you or advertising-related services, such as ad delivery, reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. These parties typically use a cookie, web beacon or other similar tracking technologies to collect this information.
- By using a mobile device, your device may share location information (when you enable location services) with our website, services, or our service providers. We use this information to improve our services, and provide you more relevant and personalized advertisements, services, and promotions. For example, precise geo-location can be used to help you find a nearby Territorial Seed Company store.
Social Media Platforms
- Interacting with our site via social media includes features that may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- Displaying targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as commercial interests and demographics. For example, we may target customers who have expressed an interest in shopping vegetable seed, flower seed, gardening tools, etc. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
Information from Other Sources
- Collecting data that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
- Obtaining information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain demographic and other information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
- Combining information that we collect from our website with information we get from third parties.
- Combining information that we have collected about you from the different devices you use to access our Platforms.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION:
- To provide you with products and services. This could include fulfilling and managing your purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges.
- To improve our products, services, platforms and stores.
- To customize your experience with us or conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- To better understand what product(s) interest our customers based upon the information we collect about you and your household.
- To respond to customer requests for information or questions. This may include responding to customer feedback regarding our products and/or services in-store or online.
- To communicate with you in the event of product alerts or information, including product recalls.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business and for general security which may include protecting the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION:
- Territorial Seed Company and affiliates.
- Information you Post on our social media channels, website and with our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Select third parties that provide support services i.e. printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services, fraud prevention providers or shipping service providers, each of whom may perform services on our behalf.
- Business partners, including third parties that provide drop ship products/services.
- Select third party marketing partners for commercial purposes, which may include third parties whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- Merger or acquisition if Territorial Seed Company were to merge with, acquires or is acquired by another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- Complying with the law or protecting our business. This could include responding to a court order or subpoena or sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We may share information when we are investigating a potential fraud, including fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
YOUR CHOICES AND PRIVACY RIGHTS:
Request to Receive Catalogs: If you would like to receive our catalogs, please call 1-800-626-0866 or email@example.com. We will need your name, address, and telephone number to mail catalogs to you.
Request to Stop Catalogs: If you would like to stop receiving our catalogs, please call 1-800-626-0866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take 2-4 weeks to process your request.
- Request to Opt-Out of Third-Party Marketing: We may make portions of our catalog and e-mail lists available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you. If you prefer your name withheld from these lists, please call us at 1-800-626-0866 or email email@example.com.
- Request deletion or restriction of personal data: To request that your personal data be restricted or deleted, contact customer service at at 1-800-626-0866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Territorial Seed Company
PO Box 158
Cottage Grove, Oregon 97424
Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookie files on your computer by erasing them‚ blocking them‚ or notifying you when such a file is stored. Please look at your browser for instructions on this function. You can choose to browse our Site without accepting our Site’s cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize you from page to page‚ and they support your transactions with us. Without these cookies enabled‚ you may not be able to complete a purchase or take advantage of certain Site features.
Internet-Based Advertising/Online Advertisements
Territorial Seed Company works or may work with third party service providers who help serve ads on our behalf on various online advertising networks. The online ad networks may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. You may see ads for Territorial Seed Company on participating websites based on how you browse our Site as well as how you browse those websites.
To learn more about interest-based advertising‚ including how to opt out‚ click here. Please note that the opt-out mechanism relies on cookies to remember your choices with respect to ad-serving on websites. We may also use technologies‚ such as our own cookies‚ to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. Other websites you visit may offer their own opt-outs. If you do opt-out of interest-based advertisements‚ you may still see advertisements on website’s you visit‚ but those ads will not be based on your browsing behavior.
HOW YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- If you have created a territorialseed.com account, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Call Customer Service at 1-800-626-0866 with your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you the personal information requested if reasonably available or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
- Security Methods
- Children’s Personal Information
Here at Territorial Seed Company, we know how important your privacy is to you. Our aim is to give you open and honest information about the cookies we use on our site, why they are there, how they are used, and how they benefit your shopping experience. We also want to ensure you have the tools and knowledge to manage them, should you wish to do so. Cookies facilitate every aspect of your journey around the Territorial Seed website, from browsing and choosing products to ensuring your order is processed accurately. You can change your website browser settings to disable or reject cookies; for more information and to learn how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that disabling or rejecting cookies may impair the functionality of the website and may mean that you are unable to shop with us online.
- Cookies explained
- To keep a record of the products you've put in your shopping bag for next time you visit
- Allow customer to elect a persistent log in.
- To make personalized product recommendations, based upon previous shopping on the website
- Market research
- Product service development
- To remember your preferences so that we can offer an enhanced shopping experience
- To enable us to highlight improvements to our website
- To enable you to share favorite pages on your social networks
- To make sure advertising on other websites is relevant to you
- To provide personalized advertising on our website
- Different types of cookies explained
The main categories of cookies we use include:
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to receive a service on a website. For example, cookies to operate online shopping baskets, or to comply with the law (e.g., such as to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using "strictly necessary" cookies.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. Any information collected by these cookies is anonymous. We only use such information to improve our website. They are used to remember your preferences for next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors per page, the average time spent on a particular page, whether visitors receive error messages on a particular page and to analyze shopping behavior on the website. This information helps us to find out how well the website is working and highlights where it can be improved. For example, Google Analytics is used to provide us with data on website use.
Functionality cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your log in details) and customized preference settings (e.g., text size). They also enable enhanced, more personal features. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for (such as watching a video). Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymized, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our website collect anonymous information.
Flash Cookies (or Locally Shared Objects)
Most computers these days have Adobe Flash installed. Websites that contain Flash can also store small files on your computer that are used in the same way as cookies. Flash cookies can also back up the data that is stored in other cookies. When you delete cookies, your Flash cookies are not affected. So a website may still recognize you if it backed up the deleted cookie information on a Flash cookie.
First and Third Party Cookies
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
Cookies are used to advertise relevant products to you on other websites, based on the products and categories you looked at on territorialseed.com. Cookies are also used to personalize the Google advertisements that you see on territorialseed.com, using information such as the type of device, operating system, and internet browser you’re using; IP address of your device; website you visited before you visited our site; and other data captured as part of normal online advertising activities.
- If you would like to opt out of personalized Google advertisements on territorialseed.com on your desktop, you will need to block cookies in your browser. To learn how to do this, please see the section below: How to manage your cookies.
- If you would like to opt out of personalized Google advertisements on territorialseed.com on your mobile device, you will need to adjust your mobile device’s privacy settings. To learn how to do this, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative.
Sharing with social networks
If you wish to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your device memory. Find out more about these here:
- How to manage your cookies
- Some web pages might not be displayed correctly
- You may be unable to place an order
- You may not be able to take advantage of personalized features
- You can also find out more information about cookies from the websites below:
- youronlinechoices.eu On this website you'll find information about how behavioral advertising works, further information about cookies and the steps you can take to protect your privacy on the internet.
- aboutcookies.org A guide to deleting and controlling cookies in many of the internet browsers available.
- networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp A tool that allows users to opt out of behavioral advertising delivered by its member companies.