Winter Squash Harvest, Curing & Storage Charts
- Post harvest treatment to prepare squash for long-term storage. Helps ensure that fruit are fully ripened and safeguarded against causes of rot.
- 1-2 weeks at warm temperature (80-90° F) and dry conditions
- Stem end will dry and seal properly, and rind will color and harden.
- Period of time between harvest and when the fruit is good for eating.
- Dry matter decreases and Brix % increases during this time.
- Period of time during which squash is good for eating.
- Ideal: 50-60° F with 50-70% humidity and good air circulation.