Petroselinum crispum Parsley's vitamin K content merits it a focal place at the table rather than its familiar status as a mere garnish. With over 155% DV of vitamin K packed in just 2 tablespoons, it's a potent source of nutrition, but its health benefits don't end there. It's also rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and vitamins A and C.
Days to maturity are calculated from direct seeding date.
• Parsley is a cold-tolerant biennial that can be grown through the winter in mild climates
• Plants grow best in rich, evenly moist, well-composted soil
• Work in 1 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer per 10 row feet
• Sow seed and lightly cover with soil, vermiculite or sifted compost
• Start indoors 6-8 weeks before anticipated transplant date
Insects & Diseases
• Relatively disease and insect free
Harvest & Storage
• Cut individual sprigs as needed from the outside edges of the plants
What is a seed disk?
We’ve selected a collection of our favorite herb varieties and put them into handy, easy to plant, biodegradable disks. Each 10 cm disk is sized just right to conveniently plant in a 4 inch pot. For windowsill, patio and even herb garden planting, lay the disk on the surface of the moistened planting medium and cover lightly. Water and watch your herbs grow. These disks are a great gift or a perfect child's gardening project.